As the highest rated Green Caterer in the Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, La Prima and Catering by Seasons are dedicated to improving our environmental impact. In the past several years we have increased our efforts to provide eco-friendly services, adding a large urban garden to our corporate headquarters and converting three of our kitchens to 100% renewable wind energy.
Currently, we offer green services for all catered events, including compostable plates and utensils and farm to table menus with organic, locally grown food.
We take great pride in our environmental standing and we are dedicated to transparent business practices. We believe in the importance of informing our customers about all of the great sustainable services we have to offer and the methods behind them. Through our green initiatives and education programs, we hope to reduce our impact on the environment and share our knowledge with the community.
At La Prima Catering, we strive to:
- Follow all environmental regulations and go beyond what is required by law
- Reduce waste through our company-wide recycling program
- Train all of our staff on our environmental program and empower them to contribute and work towards a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle, in and out of the office
- Use 100% wind energy to power three of our kitchens
- Compost thousands of pounds of food trimmings each week, reducing our waste sent to the landfill
- Organically grow tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, herbs, and much more in our own urban garden at our headquarters in College Park, Maryland
- Partner with local, sustainable farms to bring our customers fresh, healthy foods
- Use energy efficient trucks in our deliveries
- Provide compostable plates, bowls, cups, and napkins as an option so our customers can share in our efforts
- Offer seasonal farm-to-table menus and event options
- Improve our practices by measuring our environmental impacts and by setting strict annual goals to become more sustainable
To learn more about our Earth-friendly business practices and our Seeds to Celebrations initiative, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.