Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole Recipe
From our recipe book to yours, enjoy the warm flavors of our Sweet Potato Apple Casserole – one of our most popular holiday items!
Sweet Potato Mix
Sweet potatoes (whole peeled) – 4 ½ lbs
Honey – ½ cup
Minced Ginger – 1 tsp
Apple Juice – ½ cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Butter – ½ cup
Granny Smith Apples (diced) – 1 ¼ lbs
Brown Sugar – ½ cup
Salt – 1 tsp<
Butter – ¼ cup
Brown Sugar – ¼ cup
Candied Pecans – ¾ cup
- Cook sweet potatoes until fork tender. Drain well.
- Mix apples with brown sugar, salt and butter
- Place apple mixture on sheet pans and cook in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine honey, ginger, apple juice, salt and butter; mix well.
- Add sweet potatoes to honey mixture, crushing potatoes gently.
- Spray pans with pan release and assemble each pan as follows:
- Sweet potatoes – ¾ of the mix
- Apples – 2/3 of the mix
- Sweet potatoes – remaining ¼ of mix
- Apples – remaining 1/3 of mix
- Brown Sugar – ¼ cup sprinkled on top
- Candied pecans – ¾ cup sprinkled on top
Just before serving, reheat at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated throughout. Then, sit back and enjoy!